Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Prayers are answered!

I was whining last time about missing color and wouldn't you know it?  From my lips to God's ears!  Yesterday the art teacher said we could bring a dry color medium and good paper to class and do something new!  My pastel box is going to get to travel.  Yay me!


I love drawing children on the beach.  I call this one Isaac because it reminds me of a quote by Isaac Newton.  I was like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.

Have a blessed day!

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful blog! I think your work is outstanding. I'm so glad you joined EDM! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate, I loved your paintings, they are awesome, and blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely blog! Welcome to EDM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to EDM, Kate! Wonderful work here. I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weclome welcome to the most awesome group ever =) Really nice display of talent here on your blog, and I really like seeing your work so far, so stick around and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some lovely artwork on here, I hope you post some more. Welcome to EDM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I visited several of your posts - I greatly enjoy your musings (btw, I just read a biography of Georgia O'Keefe and it affected me greatly - a surprise), your biographical poem which is excellent and very thought-provoking, the fact that you have returned to school to get your fine arts degrees, and your work. So I am glad to have found you! Welcome to EDM.

    ReplyDelete