Thursday, September 2, 2010

I Miss Color

In my drawing classes, so far we are using colored Canson Mi Tientes and charcoal and white.  I sure miss color.  It's easy to say, well just do color at home but my lame excuse is, by the time I do my school work and housework, I don't have time to do color. 

So today I'm posting a past experiment with oil pastels.  This is on standard Strathmore Pastel paper.  I love the rich colors and the ease it went onto the paper.  The blending was so easy and it was still easy to come back and put unblended highlights on top.  I'll be doing more with it when I have more time, when I can prioritize it and make more time.  I love experimenting with new mediums and papers.  I want to try it all!


I need to say a word about photo resources.  The photo resource for this painting came from www.wetcanvas.com.  If you don't know about them, they are a great resource for peer input, lessons, advice and critique, not to mention photos submitted by other artists for your free use.  Of course, some are free-r than others in that they won't mind if you sell the work and others just want you to use their photos for practice.  It's always good practice to respect someone else's copyright and give credit where it's due.

1 comment:

  1. Love your cardinal. It's our state bird and one of my all time favorites. Love Wet Canvas to be sure. Beautiful job on this little guy.

    ReplyDelete