Monday, July 5, 2010

White Azalea - pastel on velour paper

White Azalea - pastel on velour paper

This was my first pastel painting and still one of my favorites. I can see the errors in it and things I wish I had done differently. But isn't that how life is? We have the shouldas and couldas haunting our every day. Some things you can go back and correct... I could correct this painting. And some things you have to live with, nothing will undo them. As my pastor says, "You can't unscramble an egg." And some things, we just move on. This is what I've chosen to do with this painting. I could correct it but I've moved on. I've learned from the errors I made (hopefully) and I'll keep going.

I have several azaleas bushes in front of my home. Each one blooms profusely every April.
Each one is a different color. One even has two types of blooms on it.
I don't know how that happened but it is what it is.

The white azalea came from the funeral of a previous owner's mother.
I'm thankful that she shared her story with me and I know that every time she sees this magnificent bush flower, she thinks of her mother.


This is my first post on this blog. As I post more, I'll share some of what brought me here as I begin sharing where I'm going.

2 comments:

  1. You are right - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Sometimes it is best to correct art in the fireplace - happily this is not one of those times.

    ReplyDelete